Floor is a chief styling aspect to any room in your new home. With such an abundant variety flooring alternatives in the market, it may be a tough call for you to choose the right one for your home. Design, location, lifestyle and budget. Different high quality flooring options include Wooden Flooring, Oak flooring, Laminate Flooring, Ceramic Tiles, Cork Flooring, Bamboo Flooring etc. Selecting the right one can give your home a complete transformation.
It’s up to you to decide whether you want soft surface i.e. Carpeting or strong hard wooden flooring.Laminate floors are best suited for high traffic regions such as Halls. They are elegant, durable and resistant to scratches.
A traditional wooden floor is also a reliable option for your home. However if you are a little low on budget and are falling for wooden flooring, you may also opt for an engineered wooden floor to match your decor.
Ceramic tiles is also an attractive option since these tiles are made up of clay and minerals are therefore quite reliable.
Carpeting is an option for those looking for a soft surface flooring. They could be formal or casual and come in a wide variety of styles.
Before you reach a conclusion, there are some points you need to be clear with. Here are some of these:
1. Know the room size ! Usually, Dark coloured flooring is suggested for bigger rooms and light coloured flooring for the smaller ones.
2. Do you want a flooring which is soundproof or waterproof?
3. How much is an area exposed to sunlight or dirt? Too much sunlight may lead to fading of carpets.
4. What is the load or the ‘foot traffic’ in that particular area? Remember that the flooring for an area which has high foot traffic needs to be durable.
5. Who will use the room? In case it’s the room for small children you must get a hard material flooring to deal with potential scratches.
6. Examine the flooring in adjacent rooms to check hoe the flooring of a particular room goes with the overall look.
There are umpteen options available for flooring. Keep the above mentioned tips in mind before making a final call.